와인의 품질에 대해서 이야기 하기에 이것만으로 충분하지는 않습니다. 병입을 하고 소비자들의 기억속으로 들어가기 위해 소비자들의 글라스에 와인이 채워져야 합니다.이 late-harvest 와인들은 전통적으로 라인 밸리에서 생산되었고, 알사스에서 대부분 잊혀졌었습니다.
알사스 와인이 프랑스에서 가장 훌륭한 와인생산 지역임을 증명하기 위해서는 스스로 특별한 품질의 와인이 생산되는 점에 감사해야 합니다. 매년 훌륭한 와인이 생산되는 것도, 일반적인 포도밭에서도 나오지 않기 때문입니다.
전 세계의 비교될만한 훌륭한 와인들과 견주고 신뢰성있는 와인을 만들기 위해서는 뛰어난 과실 숙성이 필요합니다.
Also, it was important for these wines to be the result of a motivated choice, not just good luck. The minimum natural sugar levels in the juice that were fixed are the highest in any French AOC legislation, and they were even increased from the 2001 vintage onwards :
Other requirements :
- a prior declaration of intent to produce late-harvest wines, indicating exactly which vineyard is to be picked, must be made to the local INAO office.
- the grapes, and the quality and natural sugar content of the juice from the press, must be physically checked.
- chaptalisation (the addition of sugar to grape must) and acidification must be completely forbidden … of course. Quite a novelty !
- a certificate of conformity must be issued by sworn officials, which alone will permit the wine in bottle to be confirmed by blind tasting at least 18 months later.
- a blind tasting “agrément ” of the wine in bottle,under the control of t he INAO,which is remarkably severe.
- ano late-harvest wine can be released for sale under that name until it has passed the blind tasting test.
All these measures are the guarantee that there can neither be fraud nor error of vinification.
Alsace winegrowers know that only what is serious will be recognised in the long term.
Alsace winegrowers know how difficult it can be to vinify such wines, and so they exchange advice in order to succeed together for the common good.
The total number of VT/SGN producers indicates the interest and success of our action :
- 1981: 11 winegrowers
- 1983: 108 winegrowers
- 1989: more than 500 winegrowers
This determined approach to quality production is the sign of a new state of mind in Alsace. A new spirit of pride and emulation motivates our winegrowers.
In addition, the cost of undertaking these checks is paid for by the winegrowers themselves ! It is amazing, we are paying to be inspected !
We are cited as an example, and even copied in other French wine regions.
Taste these noble products, you will be surprised and charmed.
All this legislation was initiated by my father and I. It is the first time that an INAO law has been written by a winegrower knowing exactly what can happen in the secret of the wine cellar.
The "HUGEL" family is proud that its dream has come true.
Winegrower in Riquewihr.